What to do in a heatwave
The warm weather continues. Make sure you are doing everything to remain healthy. AC Dave Heating & Air would like to share these easy-to-follow tips on, What to do in a heatwave.
- Keep out of the heat during the hottest hours of the day. This is usually between 11 am and 3 pm. If you can’t avoid it, take breaks in the shade.
- Keep yourself covered and protected when out in the sun
- Protect your eyes with sunglasses and wear light, loose clothing. Avoid looking directly at the sun to avoid permanent damage.
- Keep an eye on children and animals, who are more vulnerable.
- Stay hydrated – In particular, you’ll need more water than usual during heatwave temperatures.
- Stick to cold foods and drinks and avoid alcohol. Cool yourself down by having cold showers or washing your face.
- Look out for heat stroke and heat exhaustion. Make sure you know the signs and what to do in an emergency.
- Only make necessary journeys, avoid peak traffic and the hottest hours of the day. Especially, don’t bring pets with you during sweltering weather.
Maybe you have some unconventional ways to beat the heat
Have you discovered other ways to beat the heat? What tips do you have on what to do in a heatwave? We’d love to hear about them. One of our customers swears by cucumbers. In the same way eating cooling foods is a refreshing way to keep the heat at bay. Cucumber is not only hydrating, but it also has many other healthy properties… can you name some?
Fun outdoor activities
There’s no better time to get that garden hose out and wash the car (Solong as you are not on any water restrictions). For one thing, the kids love this activity. In the case you have more than one child, maybe turn it into a challenge – Who’s wheels are the cleanest?
How about making your favorite popsicles, or maybe, learning to make ice cream? There are a bazillion YouTube video’s on “How to make…” so let the kids choose which new recipe they would like to create. Here’s one of our favorites on YouTube
You especially want your AC unit or swamp cooler is running efficiently. Hence, call our office today and one of our lovely office team will get you scheduled. Tel: 661 270 1961. AC Dave and as a result our technicians are working long hours to ensure we provide quality customer service to as many customers as possible, so please don’t delay, CALL TODAY. We hope you found the tips on “what to do in a heatwave” informative.