As we enjoy a week of cooler weather, we know that summer is around the corner. so how can you prepare for soaring temperatures that are on the way?
- Remove Any Condenser Covers. …
- Change the Air Filters. …
- Clean All Supply Vents and Registers. …
- Test the Thermostat. …
- Turn On the System. …
- Schedule Your HVAC System Maintenance.
AC Dave Heating & Air are now opening our schedules to get you ready for Summer. Call to get your appointment now!
661 270 1961 www.acdaveheatingandair.com
This two-week informational topic will discuss the most common 8 reasons why your thermostat is not working, whether that be that it’s not turning on or that the screen is blank.
Incorrect thermostat setting: If the thermostat has been turned off, its display will be blank. Thermostats should be left on throughout the year rather than being turned off, but accidental adjustments are possible. Verify this setting and ensure the thermostat itself is on.
Dead Batteries: Check your batteries often to ensure this is not the issue. Without batteries, the thermostat cannot turn on or control the heating unit.
No electrical Power: Some thermostats are hardwired and powered by the home’s electrical system. A tripped breaker or blown fuse in the electrical panel may prevent the thermostat from receiving power. Resetting the power or replacing the blown fuse will correct this issue.
Loose Wiring: If thermostat wiring becomes loose, its operation may be disrupted. An HVAC technician here at AC Daves Heating and Air is able to identify issues with wiring and electrical connections within the thermostat/ Sometimes these
Please make sure you always put your HVAC system in the hands of a licensed Technician. Call us if you need assistance. TEL: 661 270 1961. LIC # 877683
Furnace Filter become clogged faster than Usual… Part 3
High levels of indoor contaminants:
High levels of indoor air pollutants create a bigger burden for furnace filters and they become clogged much faster. Filters typically don’t last as long in homes with indoor pets or where indoor smoking takes place. Weatherizing the home to prevent winter heat loss traps contaminants indoors which can increase this issue.
If you haven’t changed your winter filters out yet, you may want to start thinking about it soon. If you are unsure what filters you need, or you would prefer a professional Licensed HVAC company to come out and do a service call, please call us here at AC Dave Heating & Air. We are here to serve.
Tel: 661 270 1961 www.acdaveheatingandair.com
LACK OF MAINTENANCE APRIL 11
Regularly scheduled maintenance by a LICENSED service contractor is a MUST to keep your system in proper working order. Many of the most common Heating & cooling system repairs can be avoided with proper maintenance by a certified service contractor. You have likely invested thousands of dollars in your home heating and cooling system, so why not protect that investment? If you neglect to perform regular maintenance you will most likely experience unexpected and costly breakdowns, increased energy costs, poor performance, and frustration. Let’s face it; Living in California can be uncomfortable in the Winter and Summer months, so why wouldn’t you want your heat and cooling source to be in tip top condition?
Protect your investment, and gain peace of mind. Call AC Dave Heating & Air to have one of our Licensed HVAC service team inspect your system today!
Tel: 661 270 1961 http://www.acdaveheatingandair.com LIC#877683
My Air Conditioner Is Not Cooling
My Air Conditioner Is Not Cooling
How to fix it:
An air conditioner that is running but isn’t cooling is one of the most common problems. Unfortunately, it has a number of potential causes. It could be a dirty air filter, low refrigerant level, or a blocked condensate drain. You can also check for ice around the coils or a dirty outdoor compressor. Or, you may need to add more coolant to your system. Another problem: it may simply be too hot outside to cool your home to your liking. Most air conditioners
Contact AC Dave Heating & Air to schedule a technician if your Air conditioner is running but isn’t cooling. 661 270 1961.
While the sun is up, you want to stay indoors and let your air conditioner cool you all day. Surely, you do not want to skip a second without feeling the cool air on your skin. To stay this way this summer, you must learn how to make your HVAC system ready for the heatwave. Here are seven (7) easy and simple maintenance tips from AC Dave Heating & Air that you should not miss.
1.Thermostat Keeping your thermostat in shape is one way of optimizing the performance of your HVAC system this summer. If you wish to customize your home’s temperature based on your individual comfort needs, a programmable thermostat can do the job. While it lets you save money on the energy bill, a smart thermostat also prevents your A/C unit from premature damage during the hot season.
2. Filter Check your air filters periodically. If you see any sign of dirt buildup, then replace it as needed. Air filters should be replaced or thoroughly cleaned to allow cool and clean air to circulate throughout the house. Take note, clogged filters due to dirt leads to poor airflow, health issues, and other problems.
3. Outdoor Unit Do not neglect to check your outdoor unit. Make sure that it is free from any blockage or debris that can make it difficult for the system to pull in air. Remove any unwanted plant or shrubbery that grows close to it and make it completely clean.
4. DuctworkWalk around the house and inspect your ductwork. See to it that there are no obstructions to the passage of air. Now, you want to make sure that it is clean, so you have to bring in the experts for the work. Your system has to have clean ducts to work at the optimized performance.
5. Tune-up A routine tune-up and maintenance are necessary to your HVAC system. As the temperature rises, your system works harder to provide your comfort needs. In return, do it a favor by scheduling a tune-up service regularly.
6. InspectionSurely, you want to keep your system in good condition all year round, especially during these warm months. Well, a professional HVAC inspection does it for you. Upon the visit of your local technician, you may ask questions and ideas on how to help your system operate efficiently.
7. DrainageJust like how you take care of your outdoor unit, you should also clear your drainage hole of dirt and blockages. It is easy to clean the hole so you can do it yourself. But, for better results, leave the job to the professionals. Do not let the heat crack your cool just because your air conditioner has blown out. Prevent your HVAC system from malfunctioning this summer with these maintenance tips.
If you are more comfortable with professionals taking care of your system call AC Dave Heating & Air 661-270-1961.