While the sun is up, you want to stay indoors and let your air conditioner cool you all day. Surely, you do not want to skip a second without feeling the cool air on your skin. To stay this way this summer, you must learn how to make your HVAC system ready for the heatwave. Here are seven (7) easy and simple maintenance tips from AC Dave Heating & Air that you should not miss.
1.Thermostat Keeping your thermostat in shape is one way of optimizing the performance of your HVAC system this summer. If you wish to customize your home’s temperature based on your individual comfort needs, a programmable thermostat can do the job. While it lets you save money on the energy bill, a smart thermostat also prevents your A/C unit from premature damage during the hot season.
2. Filter Check your air filters periodically. If you see any sign of dirt buildup, then replace it as needed. Air filters should be replaced or thoroughly cleaned to allow cool and clean air to circulate throughout the house. Take note, clogged filters due to dirt leads to poor airflow, health issues, and other problems.
3. Outdoor Unit Do not neglect to check your outdoor unit. Make sure that it is free from any blockage or debris that can make it difficult for the system to pull in air. Remove any unwanted plant or shrubbery that grows close to it and make it completely clean.
4. DuctworkWalk around the house and inspect your ductwork. See to it that there are no obstructions to the passage of air. Now, you want to make sure that it is clean, so you have to bring in the experts for the work. Your system has to have clean ducts to work at the optimized performance.
5. Tune-up A routine tune-up and maintenance are necessary to your HVAC system. As the temperature rises, your system works harder to provide your comfort needs. In return, do it a favor by scheduling a tune-up service regularly.
6. InspectionSurely, you want to keep your system in good condition all year round, especially during these warm months. Well, a professional HVAC inspection does it for you. Upon the visit of your local technician, you may ask questions and ideas on how to help your system operate efficiently.
7. DrainageJust like how you take care of your outdoor unit, you should also clear your drainage hole of dirt and blockages. It is easy to clean the hole so you can do it yourself. But, for better results, leave the job to the professionals. Do not let the heat crack your cool just because your air conditioner has blown out. Prevent your HVAC system from malfunctioning this summer with these maintenance tips.
If you are more comfortable with professionals taking care of your system call AC Dave Heating & Air 661-270-1961.